Thursday, August 1, 2013

Color This Quote - August Challenge


Hi Artists in Blogland!  Jessica here with "Color This Quote - August!"  Here's this month's quote:

SEIZE THE DAY!
Short and sweet, right?  How will you interpret it?  Here's how the Broadway cast of Newsies interpreted it!  I hope watching this gets you energized and inspired!


This phrase actually had me thinking about how I put off "seizing the day."  You can see my take on the quote on my blog.  I look forward to seeing what YOU do.

Last month's quote challenge ("the magic is in you" from The Secret Garden) resulted in lots of magical entries!  
Here is one, randomly picked:
Susi  sent magical wishes in this beautiful art journal page: 

Congratulations to everyone for making such beautiful art in response to July's quote!
And now on to July.  Here's the quote:  
SEIZE THE DAY!
Does this inspire you?  I know it inspired me!  Express yourself!  Here's what you do:
  • Grab the button and let people know you're participating!
  • Link up your take on this quote in the Linky List below.  It will be open until August 31, and on September 1, the next quote will be revealed!
  • Please link to a specific blog post or Flickr page, not your general URL.  
  • In your blog post, you MUST state how your work relates to this quote.    
  • A blog post that does not indicate how your work has a connection to the quote will be removed from the linky list, no matter how gorgeous it is.  Please do not link up random posts.
  • Visit 3 or more people who linked up, and leave loving words on their blogs or Flickr pages;
  • Anything goes -- can't wait to see what you do with this quote.
  • Have a great quote?  Leave it in the comments section! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am so happy to see that you show my last page...wow! Thank you Jessica!

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge! I just used ICAD to put all my favorite quotes in one collection but didn't have this one. Now I do! I love the movie "The Dead Poet's Society" and this musical looks great. A favorite quote of mine is "Somewhere over the rainbow".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely challenge, and good to see Susi's wonderful page spotlighted! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This challenge really spoke to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the musical, but I sure love this song. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete